// Follow Seeking Style //
Happy Friday! It so doesn’t feel like a Friday to me. I guess that’s what happens when I go home for a week. I went to visit my mama for Mother’s Day and go wedding dress shopping and guess what? I found the perfect one! It is fun and full of my personality; it is just me. I wish I could post pictures of it!
In other news, you know I have to, please listen to this. You won’t regret it.
- Listen to this: Vampire Weekend “Diane Young”. My computer is being a little bitch at the moment and will not get through this song without pausing, skipping, and buffering. This song only. Not cool chrome book, not cool. I’m posting this now because maybe with more people trying to listen, it will get it’s act together and act appropriately. Also because their new album came out this week. Let’s celebrate by blowing up some cars!
- Read this: I’m Still Here: Back Online After a Year Without the Internet. Last May, Paul Miller quit the internet for one year. He had planned to reconnect with human nature, himself, and the real world. He is back online now and writing about his experience. Not to spoil the big read, or you can just watch the video at the source, but he learned that the internet wasn’t making him lazy, unproductive, or disconnected. In fact, it was almost the opposite. As much as some do not like it, the world is connected through the internet, and yes, it can lead to getting lost in YouTube videos or scrolling through blog after blog (hello!), but it keeps us connected.
- Watch this: Man Animates Joke About Torilla Chips Told By His Drunk Wife. This made me laugh way more than it should have. I also think I would have laughed if I was being told the joke, without the animation, by a sober person. I amuse very easily. Please tell me this is funny to you?
- Eat this: (Paleo) Coconut Bread. So, Ugly Mug and I have jumped on the band wagon and we are doing the Whole 30 Challenge and going Paleo for 30 days. I am a big carb (read: gluten) lover, and although I eat a limited amount normally, I will still be missing it. I don’t plan on trying to make a lot of paleo breads or desserts because our whole point of doing it is to get back on track and curb our cravings that we have been satisfying more often than normal. Once in a while though, you need a little sweet treat. This coconut bread is a sweet bite and pairs amazingly with the blackberry jam from last week.
- Wear this: Maryam Nassir Zadeh: Ugh, this is just the best online store. I may not be able to afford anything, but drool away I shall! Are you even looking at this dress below? If someone was able to make this appear in my closet, I would be forever in debt. And don’t even get me started on this pleated skirt.
- Blog Love: Orchid Grey. Julie is my 70′s boho inspiration. I have been following Julie for a long time now and she never fails at posting an outfit that I complete adore and wish I had put together first, or at least copy and not have anyone notice. And that hair. Ugh, envy.
So not cute. Especially with the camera tricks that make it look like my eyeballs are on top of my eye lids. Cool.
// Follow Seeking Style //