Let’s take a break from New York and focus on Friiiiiiday! Friday means that there is only one more week until Ugly Mug comes to visit me! Ugly Mug up in my neck of California is a rare occurence; usually reserved for holidays, but I didn’t even have to beg him this time. He must like me.
Let’s start with something fun. Friday Fun to be specific. I kind of love .GIFs. I am amused easily.
This is what Ugly Mug and I look like sitting on rocks in Central Park. Interesting right? No, but the fact that it moves, that’s what makes it interesting to those simple minded folks like me.
Want another fun thing? Do you like this picture? Do you like voting? Please click this link (or the photo) and give the picture a quick “like” for me. In return, I will share some Friday Favorites with you. Oh, I already do that every Friday? Well, then you just get my thanks.
- Listen to this: The Head and the Heart. Indie-ish. Country-ish. Rock-ish. They have it all. They are almost as good as my ability to describe their sound.
- Read this: The Blogger Name Generator. Do you want to start a blog, but don’t know how to come up with a name? Fret no more! The lovely Kari of Juniper James shared this with me on twitter yesterday and I could not stop laughing. I fall under “Something having to do with style. Really, it could be anything.” One option is Sweating Style. I clearly picked the wrong blog title. Remember when you used to put together your street name and first pet’s name to get your stripper name (such a child friendly game, by the way)? It’s like that, but blog style.
- Watch this: Celebrities Read Tweets About Themselves. This is old, but I am usually behind the times. It is from this year, so technically, for me, I’m in the future. Besides, Kimmel is on past my bedtime. I like when celebrities can take a joke. There are more videos, so watch and if you enjoy your co-workers hearing you stifle giggles because you’re watching this video instead of working, then click around for more versions.
- Eat this: Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad. I have become obsessed with quinoa lately. If you don’t know what it is, just buy it, make it, and eat it. Don’t ask questions, just keep piling up on your plate. Jenny’s recipe is very similar to my favorite quinoa recipe, as shown to me by Ugly Mug‘s sister. I also add an orange pepper into the quinoa and lemon juice into the dressing. Not lying, I am craving this right now!
- Wear this: Newspaper Print Nails. I’m going to try this this weekend. Mine will most likely come out a hot mess, but I know you can do better. I am really looking forward to using my fingernails as silly putty. Silly putty is the original copy machine.
- Blog love: Olsen’s Anonymous. Do you want to dress like an Olsen? Yeah, me too. Olsen’s Anonymous posts street and red carpet photos of the Olsen’s and links for where to get similar items. I smell an obsession coming on. I strive for bag lady chic, so, pretty much the quintessential Olsen.
Most of my pictures end up look like this. I am very finicky.