One week left until Ugly Mug and I go to New York, also known as the longest week ever. But, I’m really excited for the weekend and next week! It’s going to be filled with birthday parties, family parties, crafts (uh, yeah DIY herb garden here I come) and packing (I enjoy packing. It’s the unpacking I don’t enjoy). All in all, I’m stoked that the weekend is finally here. Yes, stoked. I am forever stuck in the 90’s.
- Listen to This: Marcy Playground. You might recall a little ditty called “Sex and Candy”. See what I mean about being stuck in the 90’s? I still bump this song; as much as you can bump alternative soft rock. So guess what I was when I saw they had a new album out? Yup – stoked. It doesn’t get any better than 90’s alternative rock. Except when it reemerges in 2012.
- Read This: Food Gawker. I. Am. Obsessed. I know I use that word a lot, but this time, I really mean it. I check this app everyday. And night. Like multiple times. It’s a sickness. I love to look at food and read recipes. In fact, I’m – yup – obsessed with looking at food and reading recipes. I check out cookbooks from the library. And read food magazines. And watch The Food Network. Join me. (They also have a web version)
- Watch This: Viva Forever. The world is going to be blessed with a Spice Girl’s musical. What?? Is this really happening? The stars have truly aligned. I must see this musical. You must see this musical. But for now, this promo will do. I cannot tell you how many times I sang and danced to The Spice Girls wearing my Scary Spice inspired outfits and then watching the movie – which by the way, I still own on VHS and can recite word for word. Now all we need is another reunion tour because the 2007 reunion tour was an insane dream come true. You weren’t doubting for a second that I went to that, were you?
- Eat This: Fruited Cheesecake Flag. I love the 4th of July. It is my grandfather’s birthday, so we have always had a huge family gathering. It’s a day full of food, barbecuing, swimming, and ends with my dad putting on the best private firework show in our backyard – by best I mean, on a piece of plywood, making up firework names and histories in the best announcer voice. My dad is clearly more awesome than yours. So in honor of one of my favorite holidays, make this. Oh, and eat it.
- Wear This: Hallelu. This is my new favorite way to waste time at work. There are so many items I am lusting over. Now if only money grew on trees, I’d have the cutest wardrobe, and Hallelu would be sold out of everything.
- Blog Love: The Moptop: I stalk this girl’s blog. I have never disliked anything she has worn. She has the perfect mix of boho, vintage, and just overall awesomeness. Visit her blog and let her know I sent you to stalk her!
Follow Seeking Style