Hello from New York! Even though I’m away, you won’t completely be rid of me. I like to make notes. In italics. Deal with it.
So as you may know, Jennifer is on vacation in New York (lucky her!) Hell yeah, lucky me!. She asked me to put up a guest post in her absence, so here I am. I have a blog of my own, The Fan Files, which is a concert photography & music blog. I go to a lot of shows, and take lots (she’s not lying. Lots.) of pictures while I’m at it. Currently, I’m at 43 shows for the year. I’ve come across quite a few great new bands and thought I’d share a few of them with you here.
- Sound like: Black Keys mixed with Cage The Elephant
- Song to check out: “Get Me Golden”
- Fun Fact: Their song “Get Me Golden” was featured in the film, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” (Fun fact, I could not
dragconvince Ugly Mug to see this movie with me. Who wants to have a movie date?)
- Sound like: Harmonic, indie-pop
- Song to check out: “Operating”
- Fun Fact: While on tour in Canada with Jack’s Mannequin, the guys actually flipped their van on some black ice and totaled the car! The image of that van became the cover of their EP “Operating”. (Fun fact, two days after I bought my first new car, a giant truck rammed into the back of me. I still have a gash in my bumper. I’m
- Sound like: Grouplove with the hippie-ness of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- Song to check out: “Hi Hey There Hello”, “San Francisco”, or “Slowly, Slowly“
- Fun Fact: Mowgli is the bands pet wolf-dog (Fun fact, the only pet I’ve ever had is a turtle. He ran away.)
Going to all these shows, I’ve also picked up on a fashion trend or two. Now that it’s summer, I love wearing dresses to shows. I have a pair of flat boots that I basically wear everywhere. I love them because I can wear them with just about any dress I have. For shows, I usually wear those boots with a cross body bag to round out the laid back look. (With all the dancing and jumping this girl does, she needs the air circulation dresses provide. No one is a fan of sweaty thighs , well, not in this particular situation).
If you like what you see, be sure to check out my blog, The Fan Files! (Do it!)
*All images and video links credit of The Fan Files*
Follow Seeking Style