What are your weekend plans? Baking, perhaps? Carving pumpkins, maybe? Watching Christmas movies embarrassingly too early in the season, possibly? How about a mix of it all?
I’m going to do a little dancing, a little shopping, maybe a little of the combination above.
- Listen to this: The Heavy. I thought I was hearing this brand new band for the first time. I was psyched. I wrote it down right away to share on Friday Favorites. Then, I looked them up on Spotify to listen to them all day long and it turns out they are the “How Do You Like Me Now?” band. So not a new discovery. More like you missed the train by a few days discovery. Anyway, just because they have been around for a while, does not mean that you shouldn’t listen to them all day long.
- Read this: How to be Handsome: 11 Really Terrible 19th Century Beauty Tips. I don’t even know how to summarize this one. Let’s all just be happy we don’t live in the 1800’s or else we would be bathing in ammonia.
- Watch this: Pitch Perfect. I saw this last weekend and I cannot recommend it enough. Can we all agree that Rebel Wilson is quite possibly the one of the funniest women alive? Do yourself a favor and go see this movie. It’s even worth the $10-$12 to see it in the theater.
- Eat this: Apple Butter. This is entirely different from pumpkin butter. I swear. But just as good. And more acceptable to eat out of the jar with a spoon. I am currently making my second batch right now (we went through an entire jar in a week). Mix it in with oatmeal, slather it on toast, top your cottage cheese, or really, just eat it with a spoon. I won’t tell anyone. I’ll be right there with you.
- Wear this: Wasteland. I drool just a little bit while window shopping at Wasteland. I have to physically have someone pull me away from this store when I pass by. It’s a fact that I will walk away sad because I cannot buy everything in the store.
- Blog love: Beach and Dress. Karina has such simple, sleek style. I can tell you that I
wastedspent a lot of time at work going through her blog today. And now I am super envious. No one likes to be envious alone, so I apologize for introducing you to Karina. Prepare to hate her because she’s beautiful. And stylish.
Why do I continue to embarrass myself?