Are you superstitious?
I’m not. But just in case, I might be a little. Meaning, I don’t want to be, but sometimes I pretend that I am. I avoid cracks in the sidewalk; Would you willingly break your mama’s back? I make sure my umbrella is closed before entering a building, walk around ladders, loath black cats, and pick up ‘lucky’ pennies.
But most of all, when something good may happen, I try not to tell many people or talk about it too much, no matter how much I want to. I will not risk jinxing anything. Hint hint.
But I’m not superstitious.
- Listen to this: Phillip Phillips. Enough with the indie rock, is probably what you’re thinking. Ok, here’s some mainstream goodness for your ears. Yes, he won American Idol, but like Kelly Clarkson, he is the real deal. I assume you have all heard his single ‘Home‘, it was the theme song for the 2012 Olympics, but I urge you to listen to this whole album. Below is just one of my favorites, “Gone, Gone, Gone”.
- Read this: Dean Koontz. I love me some Dean Koontz. I love thriller, mystery, and murder novels, which is funny to me because I spend the entire run time of a scary movie alternating between closing my eyes and covering my ears. Fun fact, I was in the trailer for the first Paranormal Activity trailer; all reactions are completely real. We had no idea what the movie was about. See me at :45 seconds. Eyes closed? Check. Ears covered? Check. Back to Dean Koontz. When I start reading one of his books, I cannot stop. I just picked up a few at a used book store and I am eager to get into them. The Key to Midnight was one of his first books I read and still one of my favorites.
- Watch this: Shameless. Showtime really cannot do wrong, but they really are bringing it with Shameless, It is adapted from a U.K. show, because aren’t all U.K. adapted shows better? William H. Macy, Joan Cusack, and Emmy Rossum. Do I need to tell you more? This is one of my favorite shows, and I don’t even have Showetime. Poor Ugly Mug has to put up with my watching it on On Demand when I visit, which means he has to watch it twice, because he is a fan too and usually has already watched it. I also
definitelydo not illegally stream the show. That would be wrong. Watch the season 3 trailer below.
- Eat this: Black Bean Enchiladas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Everything about that name makes me want to eat this three times a day for the next two weeks. And the fact that Kate added avocado on top, what is any food wrapped in a tortilla without avocado anyway, makes it that much more mouth watering. I bookmarked this recipe as, “yum”.
- Wear this: Motel Rocks. If you are in need of a party dress, look no further than Motel Rocks. AH-MAZING! Not only do they have amazing party dresses, but they have a rock chic inspired bevy of any other clothing you might want to just bury yourself in. Window shop, buy, wear, love, and repeat. p.s. anyone want to buy me the dress below? kthanksbye. But, seriously.
- Blog love: Inspirafashion. Kathleen is not only a fellow Crossroads Style Council member, she is also one of the cutest bloggers out there. With a mix of feminine and edgy pieces, Kathleen creates the most swoon worthy outfits.
Happy FRIDAY fail.
My attempt at an artsy self portrait. Thank God for Ugly Mug!