New Year’s style – kind of like last week’s Christmas style, but not. That’s why it’s called New Year’s style.
[Instert all the corny honky tonky expected crap about how fast the year has gone by, everything that has changed, that I’ve achieved, and how much I have grown, and what I hope to accomplish next year]
Wow, crazy year right?
What are your New Year’s Eve plans? AKA I need ideas.
- Listen to this: The 10 Best Albums of 2012 per Rolling Stone. Time to be honest; I’ve listened to one out of the ten albums on this list. A little more honesty; I feel stupid whenever I read Rolling Stone because I never know the bands they are talking about. Worse; I trust their list the most. Let’s listen to these albums together and faux reminisce about music in 2012.
- Read this: Reddit. Basically, it exsists so you can keep up on all the weird shit in the minds of all the weirdos out there. Have a little fun in 2013. Be careful, I wasn’t kidding when I said there was a lot of weird shit.
- Watch this: Les Miserables. This should be the last movie you see in 2012. Or first movie you see in 2013. Based on Anne Hathaway’s performance alone, I want to see this. Let me be a little more clear: Based on what I’ve seen of her performance in the trailer, I want to see this. Blogger/sing along movie date?
- Eat this: Rigatoni with Pork Ragu & Fresh Ricotta. Keeping with the theme of this post, I haven’t made this recipe but it’s all I can think about right now. Maybe because it’s dinner time, maybe because you can never go wrong with pasta, but maybe because it is probably actually delicious. If Food & Wine says so, I believe it. Dana Cowin wouldn’t lie to us would she? Oh, and to make this NYE themed, make it the last meal you eat in 2012.
- Wear this: LF. Need a NYE party dress? Of course you do. You need one even if you don’t have plans. I have the perfect dress and it looks like I might just be wearing it at home. As long as I am in that dress, I don’t care.
- Blog Love: The Style Rookie. I am jealous of Tavi. I am jealous of a 16 year old. That is not normal. I see even bigger things for Tavi in 2013 and I plan to keep up with her, figuratively, not literally. I am not super human like her.
The moral of this post?
I need to take my own recommendations to heart. If I made resolutions, that would be mine. But I don’t.
I am afraid of corks.
p.s. We are engaged! I hope our engagement photos turn out a little better than the fail photo above.