It definately does not feel like Friday. Maybe because we had New Years Day off and having a day off thrown into the middle of the week creates the illusion of a new week when you go back to work.
But I have got to say TGIF anyway because, damn this holiday season has taken it out of me. That, or I just prefer weekends over weekdays. Duh.
Have you taken the Seeking Style reader survey yet? Quick and painless!
- Listen to this: Hunter Hayes. My 14 year old cousin schooled me the other day. For a split second, I thought this song was by The Wanted. Only because I heard the radio say “wanted”, so knowing she’s a One Direction fanatic, I asked her if she likes The Wanted. “This isn’t the Wanted! This is Hunter Hayes!” If I had waited one second to ask and listened to the song first, I would have known that too. Moral of the story, think before you speak. Especially to a teenager. Also, listen to Hunter Hayes if you like a good pop country fusion.
- Read this: 10 Things Girls Always do in Movies and Never in Real Life. The first one on the list sucked me right in: Answering the phone without saying hello, and hanging it up without saying goodbye. That is my number one movie pet peeve. Shut up, you have movie pet peeves too. If you like the first list, check out reader submitted peeves (why the “pet” before the “peeve”?), here. One that is missing, and probably a tie for my number one, is not using toothpaste when brushing one’s teeth in movies. There is no way you have that bright white movie star smile without toothpaste.
- Watch this: Dance Like Nobody’s Watching. This girl is awesome; I wish I was this brave. And awesome. And that I could dance. The only thing I wish was different about these videos is that they were 1) Longer, and 2) People reacted more and danced with her. Prudes.
- Eat this: Grilled Eggplant with Herbed Quinoa. Since everyone is pretending to be healthy in the new year, I decided to feature a healthy recipe in place of the usual cupcake/cookie/brownie/diabetes trifecta that I usually share. This recipe combines two of my favorite foods: quinoa and eggplant. If Sara was my personal chef, I think I could die happy. Happy and healthy. Her blog is not called Sprouted Kitchen for nothing. Please don’t judge me for admitting that I may have produced some drool thinking about this dish topped with some feta cheese. Like, Homer Simpson style.
- Wear this: Firmoo. Firmoo is an online eyeglasses retailer. How is it possible to choose glasses online without even trying them on? Oh, it’s possible. With Firmoo, you can digitally try on every pair of glasses, read reviews of the frames, and browse through user submitted photos. Yes, that means that you can be sitting at home, in bed, in pajamas, munching on your favorite snacks, watching your favorite movie while simutaneousy reading the new issue of Glamour, trying on super cute and affordable frames. See how you can get a free pair here! Check out the pair Firmoo sent me!
- Blog love: Cocorosa. She’s practically Carrie Bradshaw. Can I even say that? Can there ever be another? There might be. It might be Chantal. I want to be her when I grow up.
Apparently something was really funny. This looks like a big belly laugh; a la Santa Claus.