Thank you for all your kind words on my Modcloth photos!
I am particularly excited about this weekend!
One of my good friends’ daughter is turning one and there will be a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party. I’m not sure why I’m excited for a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party, but there will be games and “adult” punch. So that’s enough to satisfy me. And I get to make the cupcakes. I am such a nerd and get really excited about baking. I even went out and got a new frosting tip. I can’t even tell you how happy that makes me.
In the meantime…
- Listen to this: Family of the Year. Indie pop band? What? I know this is a total 180 from what I normally recommend, but I thought I’d try something different. End sarcasm. These guys are totally good though, so more of the same(ish) isn’t always a bad thing. Below is one of my favorite songs at the moment.
- Read this: How Baking Works. Remember how much of a nerd I am when it comes to baking? If you don’t, go back and read the introduction to this post. I just got this book and am exploding with excitement. You guys, I am going to learn the science behind baking. Do you know what that means? That means that eventually, if
I understand all the science mumbo jumboall goes according to plan, I will hopefully be able to begin experimenting with my own flavors and baking recipes. This is probably the best thing that ever happened for my friends and family (who will received said baked goods). I am one step closer to owning my own bakery.
- Watch this: Mind Blowing Cake Decorating Tip. I am pretty much on a roll with the baking themes here. Damnit, I should have featured Cake this week instead of last! So, you know when you make your homemade frosting, fill your bag, and start decorating your cupcakes and all the frosting is squeezed out of the top making a giant mess? Well, I know. Then, I saw this. Skip about a minute ahead. Genius. I’ve tried it and don’t think I can ever not do it again.
- Eat this: Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes. There is nothing particular exciting about these cupcakes except that they blow my mind. The kicker is the frosting. Peanut butter frosting. Peanut. Butter. Frosting. I made these last weekend for our second Christmas and I had a ton of left over frosting. Before I got the will power to put it away for something later, I took a spoon and went to town. I’m a little ashamed. But, I would do it again. And again. So delicious. The cake flour does make a difference – softer, fluffier cake, but is not necessary. I’ve made these before with regular flour.
- Wear this: Beginning Boutique. So cute. Happy Endings style. You don’t watch Happy Endings? Get out. Just kidding… but seriously, watch it. Back to Beginning Boutique and it’s cuteness. Why are all the cutest designers and boutiques in Australia? Thank God for online shopping!
- Blog love: Adeline Rapon. This chick is consistently cool. So cool it makes my eyes hurt. That doesn’t make sense, but her coolness doesn’t either. I want to exude coolness. I just looked up the definition of exude to be sure I was using it right, and now I’m kind of grossed out. Don’t look it up. See, stuff like that makes me so uncool.
Sneezing, praising, crying?