How is it possible to be tired eveyday of the week? Apparently, I need to reinforce my bed time. I’d like to thank all the Presidents whose birthdays that we are celebrating on Monday, therefore, giving me a much wanted, maybe not exactly deserved, day off.
I will be emailing the other 6 winners with the discount codes.
On to what distracted me this week!
- Listen to this: Churchill. There ain’t nothing wrong with a little dancing. Indie pop rock gets me every time! I’ve been groovin’ to Churchill’s “Change” in the car lately and finally made the effort to look up the band. So glad I did! I hope you enjoy them as much as you are enjoying all your leftover Valentine’s Day chocolates.
- Read this: Drop Dead Healthy. “A python that swallowed a goat.” Any writer that describes his body like that is OK in my book. Get it? Writer… book…? Not my best pun, but still fairly decent. Back to the book. In AJ Jacobs’ journey to become the epitome of health from head to toe, he tries every health and diet trick out there. Also, he attempted to read the Encyclopedia Britannica cover to cover and spent a year living life literally by The Bible. In other words, he’s hilarious.
- Watch this: The Internship. I think we can all agree that Wedding Crashers is one of the greatest buddy comedies of this decade, so Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson teaming up again? Movie Magic! Well, hopefully. I will admit that this trailer isn’t the best, but I still have high hopes for the movie. I feel like Vince Vaughn peaked with Wedding Crashers, but there are always second chances. Don’t let me down Vince Vaughn!
- Eat this: Smitten Kitchen’s Hummus. Believe me, this is not a cop out. If you like homemade hummus, you need to use Deb’s tip: peel the chickpeas. After they’re cooked, just squeeze a chickpea between your forefinger and thumb and the skin will just pop off. Simple and fast. This will make your homemade hummus as smooth as store bought hummus. Does it make me lame to admit that this has changed my life?
- Blog love: The Marcy Stop. Two friends, one blog. Don’t worry, I won’t even go there. Go where? Exactly. You know that blog that you read and with every post you think to yourself, “Oh, that’s cute!” “Oh, I’d wear that!” Yup, this one here. Then, you go and embarass yourself (in front of yourself) when you try to recreate an outfit. Technically speaking, of course.
And last, but certainly not least, Friday fail.
Here’s to my ugly mug.
(get it? another pun… that you’d only get if you’re a regular reader).