You know that feeling when a day feels like another day? Where does that even come from? How is it that no day ever feels like the right day for me? I’m always a day or two ahead. Apparenlty I am living in the future. Don’t worry, it’s not scary. It’s pretty much the same.
It is Sacramento Fashion Week! It may not be as huge or important in the industry as NYFW or any of the other international fashion weeks, but it’s important here. Showcasing local talent is important, and believe it or not Sacramento has some talent. As a Crossroads Trading Co reporter, I will be Tweeting and Instagramming during the show I am attending tonight, so be sure to follow me!
- Listen to this: The Neighbourhood “Sweater Weather.” 1. This is a really good song. Very catchy. 2. I am always cold so it’s always sweater weather for me. In all seriousness though, this is a damn good band that you should be listening to. Don’t stop at “Sweater Weather” though, check out the rest of their music. P.S. I know the producer of this music video. My friends are awesome.
- Read this: Top With Cinnamon. I could have just shared a recipe from this blog for my recipe recommendation, but I urge you to add Top With Cinnamon to your blog roll. Izy started this blog when she was 15 (now 17) and she has the most visually stimulating recipes and photos in the blogosphere. The best part is that her recipes are actually that good (yes, I’ve made a few! Try the Two Ingredient Pancakes!), and she also uses .gifs. I’m not sure if you know this, but I am obsessed with .gifs. They make everything better. That alone is reason enough to read her blog.
- Watch this: Psych.This is gaurenteed the best show that you are not watching. Unless you are watching. Then it’s the best show that you are watching. The new season started this week and unfortunately I still need to catch up on the back end of the last season. Look at me telling you how much I love this show and I haven’t even finished last season. For shame. But, how awesome is it to marathon your favorite show? Exactly.
- Eat this: Sweet Potato Pizza with Kale and Caramelized Onions. The name alone has me drooling (except swap kale which spinach because I am just not hipster enough to be down with kale). Does anyone else crave vegetables or am I wacko? Of course I crave sweets and junk, but gave all that up for Lent, so right now, sweet potato pizza is my indulgence. I have all these ingredients in my fridge, so you can bet a pretty penny this is being made this weekend.
- Wear this: Striped Skinny Jeans. I want a pair so bad. Maybe this Forever 21 pair? So cute I can’t stand it. I love Natalie’s pair!
- Blog love: De Lune. This chick is legit. She is way too cool for anyone’s good, but that’s who she is. This is coming from someone who has never met or spoken to her, of course, but sometimes you just know. Just look at her hair. Her hair speaks the truth. I feel like I would be very intimidated by her if we ever met. But in a good way, if there is such a thing. Intimidated because she is just so damn cool.
Sometimes I think it’s cool when I take photos by trash in allyways. It’s not.