Remember to shop my Stella & Dot Trunk Show!
Hey it’s Friday again!
You want to know how badly I needed it to be Friday? I tried to put my sunglasses on over my regular glasses yesterday. Super uncool fail.
But that’s ok, because I have some cool things to distract you from your last day at work until the weekend. Unless you work weekends. Then I feel sorry for you. Been there, done that.
- Listen to this: Icona Pop. Talk about fun! This is a dance around your house in your underwear, using a spatula as a microphone. Why a spatula? Because you’re making cookies, duh. Not because I like to dance when I make cookies, not at all. It just sounds like a fun thing to do. If you’re into weird things. Just listen to the song that I’m sure you’ve heard about twenty million times on the radio already. I’ve been in a dance pop mood lately. It must be Spring!
- Read this: My Life in France by Julia Child. Julie of Orchid Grey mentioned reading this book on her blog and I made a note to put it on my reading list. Now, if I ever get to my reading list, this will probably be at the top. Honestly, the only things I know about Julia Child are from the movie Julie and Julia, which I feel lame admitting, but that is all the more reason to read this book. She is fascinating to me and I barely know anything about her, so imagine how much I will love her when I learn more.
- Watch this: To The Wonder movie trailer. I admit that I am not sure what this movie is about, but I do know one thing: Rachel McAdams can do no wrong. Exhibit one: Obviously, The Notebook. Exhibit two: Morning Glory. Shut up. I really liked it. Exhibit three: Ryan Gosling. Even if they aren’t together anymore, it still counts. So of course her new movie is a must see. And Ben Affleck doesn’t hurt the movie’s cred either.
- Eat this: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I’m sorry, if you are on a diet or just generally eat well. This will ruin all of that. Have you ever had peanut butter frosting? It is Heaven. Literally, I would like to die and go to a Heaven in which all I do is eat peanut butter frosting. Oh, and then you cover it in chocolate. What is going on? Is this real life? Can I survive on this cupcake alone? I would like to try.
- Wear this: Vintage Shoe Company. Have you ever noticed that all of the best shoes are always credited as “vintage”? It drives me crazy that all these amazing boots are nowhere to be found unless they are hand me downs from what must be the coolest mom ever or the rarest of rare thrift find. Be jealous, no more! In comes Vintage Shoe Company. They keep the fine art of shoe making alive.
- Blog love: Missing Lovebirds. I adore this girl’s funky vintage style. She has the best thrifting luck. The best. I am constantly jealous of her finds and I secretly wish I could follow her as she thrifts and pick up all the things she decides not to get, because even though she isn’t getting it, it’s probably still better than what I have the ability to find. To even be as half as cool as she is, is my new goal in life.
It sure is hard work to be a blogger.