// Follow Seeking Style //
Yesterday was my last day at work before moving. It is more sweet than bitter; I was definitely feeling the professional itch and had been ready to move on for quite some time. The hard part is next: leaving my family and friends. Luckily, I will be moving somewhere that I have a lot of friends, including, of course, my fiance and best friend, and like the majority of those in LA, they are not natives and we are all a little make shift family for each other.
By this time next week, my life will be completely different. I. am. terrified. I am not a person who particularly loves change, so it will be quite an adjustment. Wish me luck!
- Listen to this: The Black Keys. Love, love, love these guys! Oh, and did I mention I love them? They were one of my favorite sets at Coachella last year. Honestly, this Friday favorites was put together a teensy bit last minute and I didn’t have a “listen to this” prepared. After scrolling through my Shazam app and seeing these guys, I felt so stupid that I had not featured them here before. Check out one of my favorite songs, but definitely check out the rest of their music if you haven’t already.
- Read this: Reasons My Son is Crying. I don’t know if it really is the cutest thing or if I am just a terrible person, but sometimes when babies cry, I laugh. I laugh because it’s cute and melts my heart, but also because they don’t have any real problems and really have no reason to cry. When you’re tired and want to sleep, do you cry and scream uncontrollably? No, you go to bed. Simple. Babies are dumb. Which makes them cute. Which makes this blog cute. I feel a little creepy posting a photo of a baby I don’t know on my blog, hence the stock photo.
- Watch this: The Middle. I’m just going to say it: It’s better than Modern Family. It’s similar to an updated verson of Malcom in the Middle. I think it’s more real, and I can relate to it better, making it a hell of a lot funnier than a million other shows. Also, I think it might be in jeopardy of cancellation, so if you watch it, one of my favorite shows may stay on air. Wink wink. Nudge nudge. p.s. I am the Sue of my family is so many ways. Who else has middle child syndrom?
- Eat this: Strawberry Angel Food Ice Cream. Does this not sound like the perfect Spring dessert, or what? I sent this recipe to a friend of mine who just started using her ice cream maker, possibly, maybe, hoping that next time we get together at her house that this is what we’ll be having for dessert. It sounds like a spoonful of Heaven, but since I like big bowls of ice cream, it sounds like a giant spoonful of Heaven in my mouth over and over again. I can’t think of anything better. At least not this week anyway.
- Wear this: Spell and the Gypsy Collective. I don’t know if I even need words to describe how head over heels I am for this. Mostly because there may be none. If clothes could speak to me, I would listen to these pieces forever.
- Blog love: Clothes Encounters. This blog marks the first vlog for this feature! I just discovered this vlog through the Threadsence blog and I am so glad I did. Jenn shares her outfits through videos instead of typical photos and I love that she shares styling tips, hauls, and her favorite products. Jenn is very well spoken, which makes for a refreshing take on typical YouTube videos with tweens tripping over their words. Clothes Encounters is taking fashion blogging to the next level. And she’s a fellow thrifter!
I bet Ugly Mug would appreciate if I could stop talking long enough for him to take a decent photo every once in a while.
// Follow Seeking Style //