// Follow Seeking Style //
Congratulations, we all made it through another week! Sometimes life is just about getting to the next day; whether it’s because you’re looking forward to a particular event or trying to get through a shitty day for a fresh start onto the next. But the weekends, ah, the weekends. The weekends are for enjoying the moments. Some weekends are made to savour, be lazy, enjoy the little things. Others are meant to cram so many of those unforgettable moments into each second as possible. Either way, weekends are most definitely the highlight of the week.
- Listen to this: Lissie “Shameless”. This weeks music suggestion comes from none other than Miss The Fan Files herself. If I can trust anyone to suggest some new music, it is her. I have featured Lissie before, in week two of Friday Favorites actually, so coming full circle, her new song “Shameless” is definitely worth a listen; it is giving me a 90s, alternative vibe. Very raw and stripped. There are not enough bad ass chicks these days, so let’s celebrate the ones we have, especially the underrated ones.
- Read this: A Cup of Jo. I think I am late on the Jo train here. She may just have on of the most successful blogs, and here I am five years later, just starting to read Joanna’s blog. She writes about fashion, decor, motherhood, marriage, food, travel, basically it is the end all be all of blogs. There is something for everyone on A Cup of Jo.
- Watch this: Pain and Gain. Because everyone else will be seeing Iron Man 3, including me, so you just may have the entire theater to yourself. I had never heard of this movie until we went to the drive in theater last weekend and everyone decided that it was what we were going see. It’s a true story about a group of body builders who kidnap, torture, and extort money from victims. And unlike the details of the true story, it is actually pretty funny. Plus, Mark Wahlberg. So, there’s that. Do me a favor and don’t read about the true story after. It will make you feel bad about enjoying the movie.
- Eat this: Pinata Cake. My apologies, I am quite aware that summer is only weeks away, and in some cases, you may be lounging on the beach already, but Sunday is Cinco De Mayo and that is an excuse for dessert. A themed dessert, really. You cannot deny a themed dessert. Or cake with candy in it.
- Wear this: Jane Sews. I just fell in love with a swimsuit. And if this was the only good piece in the whole line, I would still endorse it. That’s how in love I am. But, it’s not. Jane Sews has the cutest, preppy, vintage, 70’s vibe going on and it should definitely be worn. By me and by you.
- Blog Love: Fashion Oxygen. How cute is this girl? Cute right? Well, there’s two of them at Fashion Oxygen so double the fashion. They lean towards the tailored, preppy, sporty, masculine vs feminine look, and I cannot get enough. And, obviously, I have a way with descriptive words.
Happy Friday Fail!
Just a plain ol’ blinking fail. It happens to the best of us!
// Follow Seeking Style //