// Follow Seeking Style //
Let’s face it. the worst part about being healthy is the most important: how we eat. Food is this amazing, delicious, comforting, social thing that our lives literally revolve around. Without food, we would not survive. There are so many different types of cuisines and ways to prepare food that recipe possibilities are endless. Maybe that is the problem? There are just too many ways to make something that is already good and flavorful, taste much better and more flavorful, and it almost always brings the addition of unwanted and unhealthy fats, sugars, and salts. I am the first to admit that I love food and I sure as hell love the taste of fat, sugar, salt and all that should not be put into my body regularly. But, I also know that your diet is roughly 85% of our health and I am trying my best to be more conscious of my health than my taste buds.
As much as I love cooking and baking, I am not a chef by any means. I am a cheater. I hardly ever create my own recipes, instead, I rely on finding healthy recipes and ideas from blogs and using Pinterest to keep them in one place. Can you believe I blew off Pinterest when it first began because I thought it was frivolous? Yes, it’s an amazing time waster, but it really helps keep me on track when I have one place that I can save healthy recipes with just a few clicks!
Today I am sharing some of my favorite healthy food bloggers!
- Gourmade in the Kitchen: A collection of recipes made from whole foods, free from gluten, refined sugar, and processed ingredients. I’ve noticed that these types of recipes are easy to make gluten, vegan, and vegetarian free without losing any of the flavor!
- Tasty Yummies: Beth eats a mostly plant based diet and knows the importance of eating wholesome foods! She also understands that sometimes it is important to have a treat; moderation is the key, not elimination.
- The First Mess: This girl has been featured everywhere and I assumed if her recipes were good enough for Saveur and Martha Stewart to feature, that I should check her out. I am glad I did, and you will be too!
- Naturally Ella: Erin focuses on seasonal vegetarian recipes. You would be surprised how much you would not miss meat from a well rounded vegetarian recipe!
- Sprouted Kitchen: Sara and Hugh make such a wonderful couple and share beautiful recipes and photos of recipes made from whole foods. I even have the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook.
- Shutterbean: I adore Tracy’s blog for her combination of recipes and lifestyle posts. My favorites are actually her “I Love Lists” Friday posts!
- Minimalist Baker: Yes, even sweets can be made with wholesome ingredients!
- Fit, Fun, & Delish: This is my newest blog discovery and I am so glad I found Ana’s blog. I already have several recipes in my queue!
If you do take a look at these blogs, you’ll notice that all of the bloggers use wholesome, but normal ingredients. Healthy recipes are nothing to be afraid of! Also, most of these bloggers also share dessert recipes. If being healthy meant giving up completely on desserts, no one could do it. There is always (a little) room for dessert, isn’t there?
// Follow Seeking Style //