// Follow Seeking Style //
Cheers to the freaking weekend, am I right? This is my last weekend employeed with a work at home position, and bright and early Monday morning, I am re-joining my team at the office for that good ‘ol American 9-5 goodness. It will be tough to lose some freedom, but really nice to be in a new position, be around people everyday, and be challenged! It will also be a nice change to have a reason to be excited for a weekend!
I am starting a new job and moving into a new apartment the same day. Change has never been easy for me, so I am partially extremely anxious, at the same time as being excited and looking forward to it all. I am focusing on trying to trick myself into believing it is all excitement to stay positive and not end up freaking out.
Life is weird. Or, maybe it’s just me.
Also, I have only one weekend left to binge on Girls and get caught up.
This is what entertained me this week. I hope it entertains you on this fine Friday.
- There’s a debate of creepy vs awesome regarding the idea of organic burial pods. I think it’s awesome. Creepy is a decompsing body burried six feet under or burned to ashes flesh sitting on your mantel, not a beautiful tree that gives life to the world. Am I alone in this?
- Don’t know how to make your outfit go from blah to, uh, less blah? Follow the third-piece rule. It’s essentially the equivalent of fashion’s “put a bird on it”.
- There’s “fitspiration” and then there’s “thinspiration”. There is a fine line between encouraging people to be active and healthy and to telling people not to eat and to feel guilty for being lazy every once and a while. You’re human and do not need to live life accoding to a meme.
- Buzzfeed just understands me. They just know how hard it is to be a girl. Here are just some of those times.
- Why can’t we all be comfortable enough to just say what we want to say?
- Living in LA makes me very curious to know what it feels like to be a celebrity. This guy was awesome enough to pretend with a fake Oscar. It really goes to show how obsessed we are with just the idea of celebrity!
- Kelly Clarkson + Jimmy Fallon + The History of Duets’ = something you should watch now. Kelly is just the cutest thing ever.
- It takes money to make money. Except when you have access to free resources to take advantage of. You know using this now grants me a 10% finder’s fee.
- Sometimes the idiots of this world need to be called out. Sometimes the best way to do it is anonymously. I enjoy these missed connections for a-holes more than the love missed connections. My favorite is the last one.
- Speaking of idiots, more specifically assholes; shaming someone because of their apperance, or because of anything you don’t like about them, is a dick move. Luckily, for each asshole in this world, there is a wonderful, loving person. I am just hoping I can find my way into this dance party with the #DancingMan Sean.
- This makes me want to have a tiny house attached to a truck and travel the country. Follow the coolest people at “Tiny House, Giant Journey“. This is the cutest replacement for an RV ever in existance. I need to be more adventurous. But, like with baby steps. Like being excited to move into a newer, cleaner, way better apartment than being completely anxious about it.
- I will leave you with the coolest photo of the week of a weasel hitching a ride with a woodpecker. Nevermind that the story behind the photo is that the weasal was attempting to eat the woodpecker.
What you may have missing on Seeking Style this week:
// Follow Seeking Style //