// Follow Seeking Style //
It has been nice to lay low these last could of days after the craziness of moving and starting a new job all at the same time. We celebrated my Mom’s birthday with a family dinner, home cooked by my brother, which is always a treat! I think I am still full from last night! The rest of my time home will be visiting with friends and family and then I am driving back down to LA solo. I am aleady planning my next trip home for my cousin’s wedding in May!
Enjoy what I have enjoyed this week!
- Adding anothing branch to his degrees of separation, Kevin Bacon is finally getting into the bacon business with this short web film.
- Whoever this was, I would like to be friends with him. C-SPAN should have let him finish; The Fresh Prince of C-Span, ladies and gentlemen.
- I know you don’t want to admit it, but everyone has binged watched NetFlix, Hulu, HBO, what have you. Do you know there are rules to binge watching? It’s not as easy as it seems!
- An acoustic version of any song is usually better than the original. Hozier’s acoustic version of “Take Me to Church” is soul wrenching.
- I used to use abbreviations when I texted, i.e. “U”, “2”, etc. My husband (then boyfriend) once made a comment that he didn’t like it, and I immediately began spelling out every work in texts, and still do to this day. Once he claimed he doesn’t remember saying that, but I’ve kept it up, and typically use proper puncuation, as well. I will never stop the use of my emoticons, however! What kind of texter are you?
- I assume everoyone has seen Gone Girl by now. If not, don’t click the following link. If you have, you know why I, and the FBI, will be forever creeped out by Rosamund Pike.
- A man bought thousands of undeveloped negatives from the 1950’s-60’s from an unknown photographer. What he found is stunning. Vivian Maier had a beautiful eye for street photography and it’s so wonderful that her work is now able to be shared.
- Unless you are new to the blog, you know about my Backstreet Boys obsession. I thought I had seen it all, but I was mistaken. This commercial for Outlooks at Bealls from 1993 is my favorite thing of all time!
- I am not ashamed: I am a selfie addict. I am also not exactly in love with museums, but I do tolerate them because my husband loves them. I think the best compromise would be to visit the world’s first selfie museum. Yes! The art in this museum is made for you to literally be in it. I’m sorry, I may be super vain, but this sounds like so much fun!
- Arguably the best segment from The Tonight Show, Lip Sync Battle, is coming to Spike TV! I consider myself a pretty good lip syncer, as I am sure many of my fellow communtors would back me up on, so I think this show may be added to my TV rotation.
- I take most Yelp reviews with a grain of salt – they seem like they are typically written by irrationally angry people who are projecting, without leaving any constructive criticism. A play off Jimmy Kimmels Mean Tweets, these restaurant staff reading mean reviews on Yelp is actually pretty funny.
- I will leave you to start your weekend with a strangely adorable chipmunk yawning and streching like a tiny little furry person.
What you may have missed on Seeking Style this week:
// Follow Seeking Style //